Brenda Photo Challenge..DOORWAYS...please scroll down for Skywatch friday...

Please scroll down for Skywatch Friday.....next post below....


Hi there..welcome to the Brenda Photo Challenge. I have the honor of hosting it this week, and the theme I have chosen is DOORWAYS....and I am ashamed to admit that I am a very good breaker of rules...just to let you know that there are probably many more photos here than is what allowed or was envisioned. Although I must admit that these doorways (or close to) are only the ones that I have photographed in April of this year since my visit to New York began...so you may be lucky that I managed to stop at the end of April, and didn't peek into the folder for MAY!

As you can see I am a taker of photographs...and love all the doorways I see. Please feel free to skim through, or stop whenever you like...but don't forget to visit the other contributors to this weeks Challenge at the Brenda Photo Challenge site...which you will find over in the sidebar or at the bottom of this post.

The lovely photo above may not strictly be called a doorway, but so approximates one that I have called it one for today! A good place to start! It was in Washington in the Art Gallery, in the Smithsonian Mall.
And here is a lovely one from quite near the White House in Washington also!
It is interesting to know that even the mighty and powerful need their dental treatment along with the rest of us!
This blue door beckons me, every time I go down to the park here at Inwood. Apologies to those who have already seen some of these my favorites in previous posts...
Another local doorway here at Inwood.....
and in stark contrast, one from the Upper East Side!
This above-doorway frieze was from Snug Harbor. I think it told us the year 1833. I should go and read my post on Staten Island and the Botanical Gardens....
and the drawbridge closed before us as we entered the Cloisters vicinity at closing time! Washington Heights, NY.
Columbia University campus has some very impressive doorways and wonderful inscriptions above them too!
A knock at the door at the Secret Garden at the Botanic gardens Staten Island.
This photograph above was taken from a doorway at the Public Library in New York...at 42nd street..a wonderful ceiling in the manner of Michaelangelo...well, maybe not quite, but pretty impressive...
there must be a doorway somewhere here...on this houseboat on the Hudson...we'll just have to use our imaginations....
a pretty doorway to this episcopalian church at Riverdale ...in the Bronx, on our way to a marvellous garden called Wave Hill
another frieze over another NY doorway...Upper West Side around W79th street....
and another....this one is in detail shortly below....
and a quote above another doorway in the NY Public Library, 42nd street. Worth a visit!
and a little departure from doorways into arches....oops...at the MET...sorry for that blip...
a more humble doorway into the Manhattan diner near W79th street....
the frieze above the doorway to the Protestant Reformed church we saw a moment ago....must also be on the Upper West Side near W79th street
a car door...oops sorry, isn't quite a doorway...but just a "little" blip again! And no, that's not me, by the way, just in case you were wondering....
is a tunnel a doorway ...of sorts? Central Park, NY.
a quite elaborate entryway....to the Apthorp...apartments I think, Upper West Side again...
and another tuunnel...the Lincoln Tunnel, NY (they look so like doorways don't they)?...on our way to Washington....
Humble doorways to the Youth Hostel, (Upper) Upper West Side....about 104th street?
and hotel doorways...always welcome after a strenuous day of sightseeing!
the Manchester....more apartments, I think, Upper West Side....
clear glass doorways...this time in Washington at the Freer Museum/Art Gallery, Smithsonian Mall.
another Doorway of sorts...another arch, outside the New York Public Library...especially as most of the rest of the facade is covered due to restoration, I presume....
this looks like a doorway....there must be plenty of doorways down that impressive hallway...at the Freer Gallery again in Washington....
and another small doorway across the lake in Central Park....
nearly finished....this is another doorway look-a-like that I allowed in....from the Met, or was it from Washington art gallery...mm...let me go have a look....yes, it was Washington....
and the outside of the Freer Gallery there in the Smithsonian Mall was calling me to take a photo...very photogenic I thought!

and what about the Archives building there also?
a couple more humble doorways to bring us back down to earth....this one from the local convent at Inwood....
that blue door again....I wonder how that happened...I told you there was a magnetic attraction, didn't I?
and a couple of red ones to finish...both from Inwood also...an apartment building here....
and of course the Mt. Washington Presbyterian church .....

for more photos from this theme Doorways...please visit the Brenda Photo Challenge Blog site over in the side bar there....or click HERE

Comments

storyteller said…
What a FANTASTIC collection of DOORWAYS you've shared here. I'm in the process of gathering doorways to share tomorrow ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Lovely!!! I have a thing for doors, myself...I enjoy painting...and always love to paint windows and doors...perhaps they speak "possibility" to my soul...Wonderful photography, Annie!! Love this! ~Janine XO
Donna said…
Gracious! I am overwhelmed! I love them all, but particularly fond of those at the NY library. Don't you just LOVE architecture?
Donna said…
P.S. I'm getting my pictures ready for the photo challenge, so thank you for the reminder on my blog!
Brenda said…
Awesome doorways Miz Annie, each and every one!!
Lynn said…
Your collection of doors is wonderful. I tried to pick a favorite but cannot for each one is so unique.
Jeanette said…
WOW your doorways are awesome..what a wonderful collection! Put mine to shame for sure. Thanks for hosting!
Cindra said…
No fair! No Fair! You are in NYC! Their whole architecture is so fascinating! How to pick a favorite? I would love to be there taking photos of doors. Thank you for sharing and hosting such a wonderful theme.
Sherrie said…
Hi Annie,
Awesome doorways!!! Love them all, but really like the ones to the library. I'm a book nut! Have a great day!!

Sherrie
Sally said…
Your photo's are awesome, Annie, and you can never post too many!! I haven't been to NY since the late 70's and was stuck in a hotel so I didn't see much!! :)
Janice said…
Thank you for hosting the challenge this time. You have a GREAT collection of doorways!
Donna said…
WOW!!Hahaa!!! I LOVE the Dental Implant...HAHA...building!!! (after all the heck I've had with my teeth)...but the building is gorgeous!!
Thanks for hostins sweetie!! Let me know who you ask for the next one and I'll get it posted!!
DLSTAAS@yahoo.com
hughugs
JunieRose2005 said…
Lots of interesting doorways1 I enjoyed looking!


Junie
Cheffie-Mom said…
Amazing photos! I came over from Janine's blog. I'm enjoying visiting the blogs she has given awards to. I will definitely be back!
storyteller said…
I loved your doorways so much I decided to check them out again ... just because. Thanks for dropping by my consolidated collection at Small Reflections earlier today.
Hugs and blessings,
Jeanne said…
Thank you for such an awesome challenge. I LOVE doorways too and the more the better! Great job Annie!
Irene said…
Oh Annie, I'd like to say the dog ate my homework, but, I just can't seem to load my pictures today, I'll keep trying though. I have to, I darn near got beat up for taking one of the photos. I think I must of stumbled upon a cheating wife/husband. This IS a challenge.
Lucy said…
What a wonderfull array of Doors and doorways. Just amazing. You are certainly a fantastic photographer. Thank you for sharing. It was very interesting and thank you for hosting this photo challange. Really enjoyed it.
Irene said…
I did it. I love your photo's you've been busy. I had some delays posting mine, but I finally got them up.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday

My World in New York this week.

Australian Dust Storm cont... life in the sepia tinted lane..a late My World and an early Skywatch