My World in New York this week.

I had occasion to meet up with my first blogger, Daryl, of Out and About in NYC ....here in New York yesterday. That was fun walking around her part of New York with her. Plenty to photograph. Like this beautiful spring flower. I think it might be a magnolia.
I am always looking upwards when I walk around New York. I seem to be drawn to the tops of the buildings for some reason! I love all the roof gardens I see up there, trees and all.

I thought this message was especially interesting ....and challenging a little perhaps, especially this Holy Week.
Back to the ground ...a tiny car and a dot of color. Daryl was drawn to the doorway I think!
An Australian labradoodle we met in a shoe shop. I presumed he wasn't buying himself shoes! But he was a gorgeous dog nonetheless. Apparently good if you have allergies.
Daryl looks happy she got the shot she wanted!

Another magnolia?
And a great frieze outside the Museum of American History. I hope that is right. We saw so many gorgeous buildings, that I am a little confused now!
And I think this might be the southern end of the Natural History museum. Funny the times I have been before, I think I have only seen it from the other end!
Back to Inwood, at the northern most tip of Manhattan Island, we are now, where the place grows on me...winter, spring, summer or autumn, it is a great place for the kids.
baseball is in full swing (I think) ...well they seem pretty keen on it up here anyway!
and the Saturday market had some interesting sights. It seems as if someone else was surreptitiously photographing this bucket of ...well, here I am in trouble, because as an Australian, I would call them "pippies" (a word way back from my sparse childhood summer holidays at the beach) but I don't know what they are called over here. am sure someone will be able to help me out with the local word.
apples...
bread....
a stroll, something to buy, look at, someone to chat to...a reason to wake up on Saturday morning early!
I had a little walk down to the library the other day, while the baby grandchild was asleep. I should take him down to the story time...perhaps he is a little young just yet. Though he does love his stories at home! Can you see the Cloisters tower again up there on the right? It has featured in a couple of my latest posts. The Cloisters is an adjunct to the Met downtown on Central park and Fifth Avenue...and is an amazing place in its own right. Also great for all season's viewing. We love it. Right next to Fort Tryon Park.
The sun shining on these buildings attracted me outside the other night.
The bridge is always photographicable ....(a new word I coined at 3am the other morning...I shouldn't write stuff at 3am)!

Some one is getting around, and loves to investigate lots of interesting things!
He is just learning about all sorts of new foods. What a happy placid child he is.
And lots of fun too!

Thanks to Joni from Morning Coffee for asking for a photographic update on the grandson ...his Mum said OK go for it!

Thanks for coming with me for a stroll through My World this week. And thanks to Daryl for a great walk through her neighborhood. Hope you have fun at dinner tonight with the others!

If you are interested in other contributors...then just go and click on the My World Icon over in the sidebar. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Comments

Craig Glenn said…
Annie,

Sounds like you are having a blast! I have been to NY once, I couldn't stop looking up, lol.

The baby is precious,

Craig Glenn
Anonymous said…
what a wonderful post and commentary...enjoyed each and every photo. i think those shell fish were clams, at least that is what they looked like. but, i could be wrong. that bridge is gorgeous and i can see why you like it.

thanks for sharing your world.
Guy D said…
Excellent shots as always!

Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures
Cath said…
Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful!

Great to see you and Daryl meet up at last! And the little one is not so little any more!
Superb photos. Thanks for sharing.
ellen b. said…
Glad you are having a good time in New York. The little guy is getting big and is a cutie!! My niece and SIL were in New York this weekend for my other niece's bridal shower :0)
Sylvia K said…
Really marvelous shots of NYC! Great tour! Thanks for sharing!
SandyCarlson said…
Those are wonderful NY shots. That city is pure magic.
Fabulous shots!!!! I am especially taken with the Labradoodle :-) And how wonderful that you were able to meet up with Daryl!! Terrific! And grandchildren are the most wonderful photography subjects...what can I say? Simply adorable! Thanks for sharing!
Trish ~ ♥ ~ said…
I love walking around "the city". I love NY!
Arija said…
New York in the spring can be great fun, especially with a like minded friend.
Beautiful photos. The whit Magnolis is a stellata (star shaped), the pink a soulangeana.
The Natural History Museum is a beautiful building and fun to wander through. Nice to see you enjoying being there and watching your grandson grow.
Joni said…
So many wonderful pictures! You always bring New York alive and I just can't get over how much Liam has grown (I do hope I remembered his name correctly). He has such a sparkle in his smile...a cutie indeed!
Marites said…
My, what a full day for taking pics:) those are lovely flower pics and I also especially like the garden by the rooftop. NY is really interesting. My world entry is up here.
Rinkly Rimes said…
New York must be a fantastic place to live.....between seasons.
Michele said…
Wonderful tour!! I cannot believe all of the magnolia blossoms out there... so beautiful!!
You have such amazing post, I am so drawn into them!

Hugs♥
kim said…
They look like clams to me too. Great tour.

Love meeting the blogger buddies!
Lowell said…
What a great series of photos...love them all; but especially love the photo of Daryl who appears to be having the time of her life.

Thanks for sharing!
Daryl said…
frieze is at Museum of Natural History and the one I took didnt work out .. tho I did get that shot outside the Dakota and its going to be my Wordless Weds. shot ...

And those are clams ... yummy when steamed

I had such a good time .. I love walking and taking photos and having someone to do it with makes it all the nicer!
Daryl said…
I lied. The photo I took at the Dakota isnt posting til Thursday ..
dianasfaria.com said…
thanks for the tour of your visit. I feel like I was there with you!
Your grandson looks very happy with his parents, so sweet!
Lew said…
Great shots of the city! We took 2 of our grandsons for a riding tour of the city in 2007, mostly south from Central Park.
Bubblewench said…
Sent over by Daryl.. what great shots!

I have spent many many hours just wandering the Cloisters myself. Thanks for the sudden memories, think I'll be smiling all day.

Glad you had such a great day! Awesome shots!
Photographicable is my new favorite word. And it is a word.
J said…
Ooo that looks like a very interesting market. (I am a market addict.)

And your grandson is adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday

Australian Dust Storm cont... life in the sepia tinted lane..a late My World and an early Skywatch