Sunday night's Today's Flowers
I almost forgot to show you the week's flowers! These were from outside the Episcopalian church last Sunday..and I cant even remember whether I showed you them last week. I might have... if I did, I am sorry for repeating them. I don't know what sort of flower it is though.
On the way there, there is a lovely little garden...with quite a few interesting things in the garden...including these lovely ornaments swinging from the tree.
I can't stop taking photos of the dogwood tree up the road outside the convent! It is so pretty.
And of course there were still some blooms in the lovely garden at the Dyckman farmhouse around the corner!

these white bushes were flowering away down in the park when we went for a walk today.
and of course there are always the wildflowers, or should I call them weeds...that is what they are at home, but they are very cheerful anyway!
another lovely window box of flowers....
and what looks to me like a white hydrangea...very lovely...I wonder if that is what it is called here?You can see I haven't been out and about much this week, can't you? If I have I haven't been photographing too many blossoms!
For more glimpses of gardens from around the world...please click on the TODAY'S FLOWERS icon over in the sidebar....
Comments
So many beautiful things that you capture all the time. I love that garden with its secret treasures.
This probably sounds like a ridiculous question....do you celebrate Mother's Day in Australia?
Well, regardless, I wanted to wish you a happy Mother's Day.
Blessings to you.
I am not sure what form Mother's day celebrations take here...we went to church yesterday,and then had a picnic with friends in Central Park after church. Unfortunately it was a little cooler than expected, and the baby and I were the only ones without allergies! But we did have a great walk 40 blocks from 86th st to 125th street...seeing an area I hadn't seen a lot of before, which was fun, and took lots of photos, and which I will blog about tomorrow!!
This year mothers day coincided with forty years since the day I was married. Unfortunately my husband died accidentally after 15 years...so no celebrations! But it was nice to remember the day, since we did enjoy the 15 years that we had together...and I now have 3 gorgeous adult children with lovely spouses, and eight adorable grandchildren!!
There was a special moment for me at the start of the service at 11am yesterday that reminded me that I was married at 11am...a special person from the congregation came and gave me a lovely personal welcome as he always does. God always has his angels, and little surprises in store for us , doesn't he?
Thanks for asking, as I realize I have said nothing about Mother's day on my blog...will remedy that tomorrow. Would have liked to put a photo of Doug and I on also, but my photos are all back in Australia. Maybe my daughter may be able to find one of us...she didn't bring many over from home either when they shifted over here for a "couple of years" !! Only another month and I will be winging my way home again...after having stayed my allotted 3 months !!
Hugs and blessings,
Wonderful series of marvelous flowers and views!
TODAY´S FLOWERS thanks your post!
Come back every week!
Luiz