My world...Maymont Park, part two, Japanese gardens
This is a continuation of last Tuesday's My World post....from Maymont Park in Richmond Virginia...
these photos are from my daughter's camera...(as my batteries died)...have you ever had that happen to you in such a lovely place...and I couldn't believe I didn't have my spare batteries...!
Many thanks to my daughter for allowing me to take so many photos on her camera...and for taking me with them to Richmond as babysitter! That was fun! Especially Maymont Park, well, and the baby sitting of course.
This was one of the prettiest (Japanese) Gardens I have been in...and yet I find these photos don't do it justice. Sometimes the best memories are in the mind and not in the camera where you thought they would be! Well, in mine, or a borrowed one at least!
I was quite captivated by a bright red bird that flew down so close, and my son in law was very clever and managed to capture it mid flight...!!
The lake was quite Monet-esque...or is that Manet I am thinking of...










Time to leave the Japanese part of the garden....
and climb some stairs back up to the rest of Maymont Park....including a delightful rose garden up here...some of which you will see a couple of photos down..(out of order...tut tut)!
nearly there....heave ho!
Here we are up at the main house...which unfortunately time didn't allow us to look through....



A nice rest in a pleasant spot near the front gate.....
a quick stretching of the legs for baby, who was very very good all day!
and a bit of a playing around with Grandma before we went back to the hotel!If you would like to contribute to My World, or to see other contributors from around the world, please go to the My World icon in the sidebar over there and click on it!
Comments
I'm from Australia . Where do you live normally?
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com
Smiles
Hugs and blessings,