Skywatch Friday

We flew back into La Guardia airport on Sunday afternoon....the tennis center at Flushing Meadows was clearly visible against the backdrop of Manhattan....

there seemed to be some sort of front pushing across the sky....
and so for the rest of the week, the skies have generally been pretty good! And so has the weather after a cooler start to the week!
I always enjoy photographing the bridge..as most of you know by now...down at Inwood park.
Mt Washington Presbyterian church served as a good background for some more skies! Or should I say, foreground!




the rocky Palisades stood out for once under the bridge...only a month or so ago, this was all very stark...and brown!
Perfect blue skies...how about you?

For more skies from around the world, or if you would like to join in, then go and click on the skywatch icon over in the sidebar.....

Comments

Photo Cache said…
Lovely collection of shots. I like the last one, how part of the bridge framed in the image.
Wow! How do you get photos through a plane window to look so spectacular!! You amaze me! Great post! ~Janine XO
Annie said…
Ah, yes, my daughter tells me I should not have been using my camera while coming in to land! She was told she wasn't allowed once...so I better not do it again!
Guy D said…
Fantastic photos, the second last pic is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.
Guy
Regina In Pictures
It's always good to see home skies again isn't it! You have had a week of wonderful blue. A
Thumbelina said…
Beautiful skies Annie. That church bell looks great - superb shot.
Tara R. said…
The cityscapes are beautiful and the perspective is amazing. I would have been bad and took photos too if I had the chance.
VioletSky said…
The views from the plane are great - mine never turn out and usually have a wing in the way!

Bridges are great subjects, one of my favourites.
storyteller said…
Lovely series of photos with variable skies!
Hugs and blessings,
Arija said…
Nice skywatch NY, I think I like the second last shot best.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday

My World in New York this week.

Australian Dust Storm cont... life in the sepia tinted lane..a late My World and an early Skywatch