An Award and a Book

Many thanks go to Meg from Becoming Whole for sending me a copy of her book "Becoming Whole" to read and review here.

Already I like it a lot! So hopefully when I get lots of reading time, in amongst all the precious family time here in NY, I will be able to tell you a little more about it. It starts with her story of how she has overcome two bouts of cancer, bone cancer from which she lost a leg..and breast cancer with similar results, by changing her diet to a macrobiotic diet. And the second half of her book looks like a very useful addition to anyone's cookery book shelf...lots of delicious recipes from her macrobiotic diet schedule.

I am looking forward to finishing her story and also trying out some of the recipes. It can't hurt for us to be aware of our diet,and to eat carefully and healthfully can it?

Becoming Whole was written by Meg Wolff, and published by Flow Books, Maine, 2006.

A "lovely" award was given to me by Janine from Sniffles and Smiles ...you can view it in the sidebar. And I will try to pass it along as soon as possible. Thank you Janine. I appreciate you and your blog and this award!

Another award was given to me by Maria, in Austria, just before I left for New York for my holiday, and so I also thank her and promise to try to find it , and pass it along also!

Comments

Lynn said…
Thanks, Annie. Obviously, I was not clear on what to do. And thank you for placing the note that I posted early. I'll try to change the post date on Saturday; have no idea whether it will work or not. :D

But, I'm prepared for the procedure for the next challenge. :D
Lynn said…
The book looks to be very interesting and one I'd like to read.

When I received my diagnoses in 2007, I started looking into diet and came across keeping your ph level in an alkaline state. I had no family history, did not take hormones, etc., and finally decided it was my diet that may have set the stage for breast cancer.

I've changed my diet somewhat and try to include foods everyday that up my ph level and loaded with anti-oxidants.
You are most welcome! Very well-deserved! I love your blog! ~Janine XO
Thumbelina said…
Looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the review.
Congratulations on the award too. Well deserved.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday

My World in New York this week.

Australian Dust Storm cont... life in the sepia tinted lane..a late My World and an early Skywatch