Australian Dust Storm cont... life in the sepia tinted lane..a late My World and an early Skywatch

We had a wonderful sunset here one night...
but then the sky turned orange and the sun turned blue...


Well, some of you may have heard about the HUGE dust storm we had in the eastern States here in Australia. Apparently it originated down south in South Australia and picked up all the dirt from the inland and deposited it all on the Eastern States...along with HUGE gusty winds...it is now on its way out to sea and to New Zealand...I am sure they will be pleased to see it!
Yes, Irene...I was out in it with my camera....off to swimming with the 4 grand children on holidays...these photos taken on the way there and home...that is all the "outside" we did yesterday!
It was a complicated matter of logisitics to get photos from my laptop/camera to my son's computer where I can access the inetrnet...so I waited till I got home...(just now)...
Thought you might enjoy this combination....late My World and early Skywatch entry

to see more entries in either one, please click on the appropriate icon over in the sidebar...

Comments

ellen b. said…
I saw some footage of the dust storms in Australia and thought of you. I hope things get breathable soon...
OK.

I am sorry about the dust storm because that cannot be good/pleasant for anyone.

But...I LOVE these pictures. These are some of your best yet. The contrast is amazing and there's so much that can be discussed about each one.

Amazing - thank you for giving me the quick link - it worked. Thanks for sharing your stories, too. I love reading your comments.
eileeninmd said…
I also saw coverage on TV, it looks so weird everything all red. One picture of the harbor you could hardy see the opera house and bridge. I'm sure it had to be difficult for people breathing outside? I hope everyone is ok and the dust has settled. Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Daryl said…
Saw this on the news last night and thought of you, actually made Husband look at the pix you posted this morning ...
Pat said…
Wow, this dust storm is incredible. All the photos have a sepia tone to them. Hope the dust has died down since then. Your house must have a fine film of dust covering everything inside and out.
Irene said…
Our morning paper had a photo of your dust storms, Holy Moly, what an unusual site for us anyway. Keep safe.
Donna said…
Heavens to Betsy, that is a bad dust storm! Going out in that gives you a facial whether you want one or not!

Love, love, LOVE the sepia tones of your pictures!
These are amazing shots, Annie...I'm sorry about the dust storm...but it looks like you turned it into a beautiful opportunity! As always, your photography is so captivating! ~Janine Xo
SandyCarlson said…
That is most definitely the sepia life. I hope the air clears and you stay healthy.
Joyce said…
I saw that you were having major dust storms in your area while we were having floods here. I think that Mother Nature is one mischievous lady:) Your photos are amazing.
Joyce
Unknown said…
Saw the dust storm on the news here in USA. Terrifying. Glad all is clear now. Excellent shots you have captured. Thanks.
Jim said…
Thanks for sharing your dust storm shots. I have a couple today too.
Sydney - City and Suburbs
Anonymous said…
My goodness, that looks like a bad dust storm! I'm so sorry! Your sunset photos are wonderful though, I love the lighting!

Thanks for visiting my page & for your kind comment!

Happy Sky Watching (after the dust storm)
i love the with with window and flowers!

please come and visit my place if you have the time!

have a great day!
xoxo
Gaelyn said…
Such a beautiful sunset, then the sky turned thick. How awful.
diane b said…
Did you have fun cleaning it up. It took me all day yesterday and still not done and they forcast another on the weekend! Great shots.
Marju said…
Beautiful pictures!
A good weekend!
My name is Riet said…
Great shots. Very special
Eaglesbrother said…
Wow!!!..what an amazing change in the scenes..from glourious sunsets to Dust storms....glad you survived it safely.

Bob
aka Eaglesbrother
Anonymous said…
Love the title of this post. I'm glad you can see the humor in this mess. And it does make for great real-life sepia photos.
Carol said…
Amazing shots...saw the dust storm in the news...nevertheless your photos are beautiful...
Anonymous said…
Amazing views! Hope the dust storms calm down without causing serious damage.
Hugs and blessings,
Country Girl said…
I was shocked to see this on the news and immediately thought of you and other friends down there. Pretty scary. Beautiful captures, though.
Just checking in to see if any of the dust has cleared!!! Hope you are well, my friend! Love to you~Janine XO

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday

My World in New York this week.