We had a few gray skies in New York this week. These photos were taken on Riverside Drive and approximately W90th street. Apart from some rainy times this week, there have also been some great New York blue skies! Above, Chapel, Columbia Presbyterian Medical School, Washington Heights. blossoms in Inwood Park, New York. and some daffodil skies from Inwood Park again. The Cloisters were arising from the fog at the end of the street. Almost a European scene this morning here in Inwood, NY. And a flock of birds startled me as I was walking the baby this morning! I just love this photo as the sun was shining through the leaves of the tree. I hope you have enjoyed your stroll with me through some of the streets and parks of New York. If you would like to see other skies for around the world, please click on the skywatch icon over in the sidebar.
I had occasion to meet up with my first blogger, Daryl , of Out and About in NYC ....here in New York yesterday. That was fun walking around her part of New York with her. Plenty to photograph. Like this beautiful spring flower. I think it might be a magnolia. I am always looking upwards when I walk around New York. I seem to be drawn to the tops of the buildings for some reason! I love all the roof gardens I see up there, trees and all. I thought this message was especially interesting ....and challenging a little perhaps, especially this Holy Week. Back to the ground ...a tiny car and a dot of color. Daryl was drawn to the doorway I think! An Australian labradoodle we met in a shoe shop. I presumed he wasn't buying himself shoes! But he was a gorgeous dog nonetheless. Apparently good if you have allergies. Daryl looks happy she got the shot she wanted! Another magnolia? And a great frieze outside the Museum of American History. I hope that is right. We saw so many gorgeous buil...
We had a wonderful sunset here one night... but then the sky turned orange and the sun turned blue... Well, some of you may have heard about the HUGE dust storm we had in the eastern States here in Australia. Apparently it originated down south in South Australia and picked up all the dirt from the inland and deposited it all on the Eastern States...along with HUGE gusty winds...it is now on its way out to sea and to New Zealand...I am sure they will be pleased to see it! Yes, Irene...I was out in it with my camera....off to swimming with the 4 grand children on holidays...these photos taken on the way there and home...that is all the "outside" we did yesterday! It was a complicated matter of logisitics to get photos from my laptop/camera to my son's computer where I can access the inetrnet...so I waited till I got home...(just now)... Thought you might enjoy this combination....late My World and early Skywatch entry to see more entries in either one, please click on the...
Comments
~ Liberty, Freedom, Hope, Immigrants arriving, Independence ~ They proudly said ~
Thank you for this surprise tonight~ Maria
What a gorgeous sunset! Wow.